Solar Energy Corporation of India (SECI), New Delhi is registered under Section 25 of Companies Act, 1956, as a Company not for profit, under the administrative control of the Ministry of New & Renewable Energy (MNRE). Dr. Anil Kakodkar is functioning as the Chairman of the Corporation.
The corporation has set up it’s office at D-3, First Floor, A Wing, Religare Building, District Centre, Saket, New Delhi-110017.
The objectives and functional setup of the Solar Energy Corporation of India as listed in the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) are attached at Annexure ‘A’ & ‘B’ respectively.
The authorized Share Capital of the Company is Rs.2,000,00,00,000/-(Rupees Two Thousand Crores) divided into 2,00,00,000(Two Crores) Equity Shares of Rs. 1000/-(Rupees One Thousand) each.
SECI Activities: Ongoing
As part of the Mission activities SECI has taken up the following projects/ activities.
- Implementation of JNNSM Phase-II – Initially 750 MW PV Power Plants as a part of 3000 MW to be implemented through central scheme with an estimated project cost of Rs. 30000 crs
- Solar Thermal installations for water/air heating and industrial process.
- Solar Thermal Pilot Power Plants.
- Implementation of Grid Connected Solar Roof-Top scheme.
- Development and dissemination of low cost solar lanterns.
- Grid connected solar power plants.
- Solar Mini/Micro Grids.
- Research and Development including solar resource assessment