Research, design and development efforts should invariably lead to manufacture of complete systems, even if these efforts are required to be shared among different institutions. Thus, there would be a need for system integration broadly covering the following areas: -
- Alternate Fuels (hydrogen, bio & synthetic) to supplement and eventually substitute liquid hydrocarbons;
- Green Initiative for Future Transport (GIFT) based on Alternate Fuels for land, air & sea applications to supplement and eventually substitute fossil-fuel systems;
- Green Initiative for Power Generation (GIPS) based on Alternate Fuels for stationary & portable power generation applications to supplement and eventually substitute fossil-fuel systems;
- Standalone new and renewable energy products to provide cost-effective energy for cooking, lighting and motive power;
- Distributed new and renewable energy systems to provide cost-competitive energy supply options for cooking, lighting and motive power;
- New and renewable energy products for urban, industrial and commercial applications, including energy recovery from urban and industrial wastes and effluents; and
- MW scale grid interactive renewable electricity systems to contribute towards supplement and eventually substitute fossil-fuel based electricity generation.